Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Thankful for my Verse of the Year this year



Every year on January 1, I pick a word or two (and eventually sometimes three) to focus on through the year.  This year I chose the words Power and Glory.

Then, I find a verse to go with my words, and I memorize it.

This year's verse is 1 Chronicles 29:11. . .

Yours, O Lord, is the greatness, and the power, 
and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty,
for all that is in the heavens and in the earth is Yours!  
Yours is the Kingdom, O Lord!
And You are exalted as Head above all!

I truly love this verse, and I feel better every time I say it, remembering who my Heavenly Father is, and how powerful and glorious, with authority over everything.  It is the antidote for sadness, anxiety and frustration.

I think of it when I say the Lord's Prayer, especially the beginning and the end:

Our Father in Heaven, hallowed be Your name.
Your Kingdom come, Your will be done,
On earth as it is in heaven . . .
For Yours is the Kingdom, and the power and the glory forever!  
Amen.



No comments: