Saturday, November 10, 2018

Thankful for an EASY recipe for gluten-free pumpkin pancakes



Lots of gluten free recipes are complicated and putzy, and also full of rice flour, of which I am not a fan.

In the world of gluten free eating, I aim to eat as cheaply, normally and simply as possible.  Thus, I was thrilled when my experiment with gluten free pumpkin pancakes turned out to be surprisingly successful.



Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes

For one serving (multiply as desired):

2 eggs
1/3 cup canned pumpkin
1/4 cup quick-cooking rolled oats (GF)
salt (in a salt shaker)
ground cloves (in a shaker bottle)
cinnamon (in a shaker bottle)

Crack the eggs into your blender.  Add the pumpkin, oats, two shakes of salt, one shake of clove and three shakes of cinnamon.  Canned pumpkin varies, so if yours is particularly thick, you may need to add a tablespoon or so of milk, almond milk, or water.  Blend until smooth.

[If you aren't desirous of being particularly healthy, you could also add some sugar to this recipe, but I find that the syrup I pour over my pancakes gives more than enough sweetness for me.]

Cook in frying pan over medium heat for three minutes on the first side.  Flip, reduce heat, and cook for three more minutes.  Your cooking time is where you can customize these to your personal taste.  If you like them moist and almost custardy in the middle, like pumpkin pie filling, cook a bit less.  If you like them fluffy, cook a bit longer.  Stoves vary, so watch closely and don't burn them!!

Serve with real butter and real maple syrup!

I am thankful for quick, easy gluten free recipes made with things I already have in my pantry!



2 comments:

Priscilla said...

Sounds like a recipe that I need to try.

Ruthie said...

Let me know if you do!