Thursday, November 14, 2019

Thankful that my house is starting to feel like home



Last weekend we had the main part of the house repainted.

It used to be a light, peachy tan.

Now it is an even lighter airy blue.

We hung a picture up over the TV hanging paraphernalia that came affixed to the wall over our fireplace.  I didn't want my home to be a shrine to the media.  It feels so good now.

I also unpacked my china and put it into the china cabinet, now that the painting is done and the cabinet is in place.  I found some little glass vases and stuck clippings from an evergreen shrub into them.  There is something so ultimately satisfying about using what you already have.

Now to find a church, make some new friends and sell our other house.  Not too much to do, eh?

I'm thankful to feel a sense of peace and home around here.  It takes awhile, but when you are as old as I am, you don't always have "awhile."  So I'm thankful that Shawn is helping and things are coming along.

No comments: