Saturday, November 2, 2019

Thankful for gluten free banana bread



In a way, this is really lame, because I was not feeling particularly thankful today.

Well, I am very thankful for my friend's new grandson, who was born this morning.  He is especially precious because two years ago, his parents went to the hospital to have his sister--their third daughter--delivered by a scheduled Caesarean section, but when the nurse strapped the monitor to the mama's belly, they discovered that there was no heartbeat.  The little baby had been kicking and turning the night before, but the morning of her birth, she was gone.  Can you even imagine the heartache?

And now this new, tiny, beautiful, healthy baby boy has come to join his mommy and daddy, and his big sisters who are four and seven.  It is a joyous day, to be sure.

But over here, in my life, I've just felt icky all day.  I should be thankful, because my husband helped me unpack and deal with about ten of the boxes that were in my study, and he helped me poise the rest of the study boxes for easier access when I get around to organizing my bookshelves.  He also took me for a two mile walk, heated up leftovers for our dinner, and helped me wash our new sheets and make up the bed with them.  I am thankful for all this.  I'm just crabby and out of sorts at the same time, for no good reason.

I got to the end of the day and realized I had not written a thankful post, and the only easy photo subject I could find was this gluten free banana bread I made from some blackened bananas.  So here you have it:  I'm thankful for banana bread, and even more so, because it means I can have a quick, easy breakfast in the morning, which should help us get to church on time.



No comments: