Friday, November 1, 2019

A month of remembering to give thanks... today I am thankful for apples.



For a fruit lover like me, apples are truly a gift.

Apples are not, generally speaking, my favorite fruit (don't get me started rhapsodizing about watermelon and perfect peaches).  Still, this time of year when the apples are in season and fresh, they are delicious.

The wonderful thing about apples is that they are never completely out of season.  When there is no other fruit to be had, you can still find apples, and this is indeed a great blessing.

I am also thankful to be able to use a up a few minutes blogging, while I wait for my fragrant "Swedish Apple Pie" to finish baking.  Swedish Apple Pie is like a simplified version of Friendship Apple Cake, and it is easy to make a gluten-free version, using almond flour.  Oh, how delectable it smells!

No comments: