Thursday, November 23, 2017

Thankful for the prayers of others

Long ago, when I was a teenager, a wise woman once told me, "You can ask the Lord to move people to pray for you."

That stuck with me.

Often though, when in need of prayer, I am unable to ask either God or others for help.

I will be forever grateful for Matthew 6:8, which tells us that our Heavenly Father knows exactly what we need, even before we ask Him.

I am so very thankful for people who pray for me, and for the God who moves them to pray, placing the need on their hearts so they respond.  I am thankful when they call or email or text to tell me that they are praying, or that God placed my situation on their hearts at a certain time.  I am thankful when they write out their prayers for me, so I can see what they are asking God on my behalf.  This doesn't happen often; it is rare and precious.  I remember each time.

I am thankful for the prayers of others, and I am thankful that when others pray for me, it teaches me what a blessing we can all be to one another, through our prayers for each other.  To pray for someone is to give a blessing.  I am thankful that I can both pray and be prayed for.  I am thankful that there is a God in Heaven who hears and answers prayer, with pleasure, because He loves us, and our prayers rise to Him like the aroma of incense (Revelation 5:8, 8:3-4).



No comments: