Monday, November 6, 2017

Thankful for mornings at home



I love to be home in the morning.

What a joy, to wake up in the morning realizing, "I do not have to be anywhere this morning!"

Even more, what a joy to go to bed at night, laying my head down on my pillow while thinking, "I do not need to go anywhere tomorrow."

I am a homebody, and more than anything, I like to be home in the morning.

In the morning, I even like to be alone at home.  I like to sit in bed and read my Bible, and pray, and study, spreading books and notebooks across the queen-sized expanse in front of me.  Shawn says, "Why don't you use your study, or the kitchen table?"  But I love to start out studying on my bed.  Then I like to start a load of laundry, tidy the kitchen, sometimes empty the dishwasher.  This morning, I washed out the ceramic crock from my crockpot, which had been soaking overnight.  I like to take a shower without hyperventilating over whether I am running late, and then spend time trimming my nails, treating my dry skin, dabbling in essential oils.

Lately, I've had more places to go, so mornings at home have been especially precious.  I'm thankful to have people to see and reasons to get out, but I do dearly love my mornings at home.

I am thankful for mornings at home, and I was thankful today.



2 comments:

Priscilla said...

I love mornings at home too...but I get very few of them.

Ruthie said...

The fewer you get, the more beautiful they are. So lovely.