Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Thankful for autumn colors



I am thankful for the beautiful colors of autumn.  I know, I know, it's cliche.  Cliche or not, though, it's true.

This morning, the sun came streaming across the world at a slant, making gold and orange leaves sparkle like jewels.  Last weekend, rain and fog descended, mists swirling around the turning trees with mysterious moodiness.  This afternoon, it is calm, restful, with soft clouds blanketing the richness of the day.

A row of young maples, some sporting outrageous hues, some still green, stands thin-trunked and mop-headed along the bank of a mirroring reservoir.

Cliche or not, I love autumn colors, leaves in their final glory before winter, the creative genius of God who loves to delight us simply just because.

I am thankful.

No comments: