Monday, November 14, 2016

Thankful for this picture

I am thankful for this picture that hangs in my front hall.



It was a gift from a dear lady who used to come to Bible study with me.  I mentioned once how I wished I had a picture of Jesus and the children, like the one I remember our Sunday school teachers showing us back in the day, when they told us the story of how Jesus took the children into His arms and blessed them.

The only such picture I had was in a Bible story book that I really liked and did not wish to tear apart for framing purposes.

So, my friend procured this picture for me. At first, I wasn't sure how I felt about the historical inaccuracy, showing children of many races and perhaps even time periods, instead of middle-eastern children from the first century.  But the little blond boy reminds me of David when he was that age, and really, Jesus loves all the children, then and now.

In fact, this picture reminds me that even though I am 50 (almost 51!), I am as precious as a little child to Jesus, and when I approach Him with childlike faith and confidence, He delights to hold me close to His heart and bless me.

So, I'm thankful for the picture, thankful for my friend, thankful that I am Jesus' beloved child, and thankful that Jesus is more wonderful than we can ever ask or imagine.

(Tomorrow I will tell you about why I was offline for a few days, and how I am thankful for that, too.  That is, I will tell you if a certain picture I emailed to myself comes through.  Technology hasn't been behaving very smoothly for me.)



No comments: