Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Thankful for the seashore


Like the sky, an expanse of ocean reminds me how small I am and sets me to thinking about the vastness of the Lord.  The seashore is the edge between things familiar and an immeasurable unknown.  It symbolizes the line between earth and heaven, mortality and immortality.

I am thankful for the times I have been blessed to walk along the shifting line of water washing back and forth from sandy beach to salty sea.  Warm and foamy, the surf bathes my toes before streaming away.  Then back it comes, constant, relentless, expected yet unpredictable.

God is so good to give us beaches where we can relax, refresh our spirits, minds and bodies.  At the beach, schedules and economics seem irrelevant.  We forget about the grind of life as we throw our heads back in the wind and breathe fresh air, digging our feet down into soggy, shifting sand.

I am thankful for seashore, and I am thankful that I have been blessed to experience it.

No comments: