Saturday, January 19, 2008

Random photos

This is the view from my bathroom window. It looks very much the same whether it is the middle of the night or the daytime. Since there are so many clouds here, the sky is always some shade of whitish gray. For some reason, it is very comforting to me to look out and see this tree branch in the middle of the night. In the summer, of course, there are leaves on the tree. That's nice. But there is a beauty in the way it looks in winter, too, I think.




This is a "Festive Night Light" that one of Laura's ballet students gave her for Christmas. We kept it in the upstairs hall, and it brought many a smile to our faces.


This is Laura in her recently redecorated room. Of course, I did not have the correct lense for taking a picture of a room, but you can get the idea. We like it. It reminds us of a beach house, any beach house, in North Carolina. I wonder what it would be like to live in North Carolina?

1 comment:

Tammy C said...

I found your blog from Amy's Humbling Musings.I live in North Carolina,not on the beach but in Wake Forest.

Nice room your daughter has,my daughter was born March 30,1991 and son on October 21,1994.

By the way Biblical Women by Chrystal hosts Frugal Friday-I had to laugh when I read that you would want to walk with a white flag and surrender.She does have a good blog and is very intelligent for such a young age-guess it was her homescholing years that did it.Her mom must have been very smart alo-if I homeschooled my children would not be smart at all!