Friday, July 15, 2011

Attributes of God--O

I am overwhelmed (speaking of "o" words) at the thought of writing this post.

And I have been putting it off.

The attributes of God that start with "o" are...

Omnipotent (all powerful)

Omnipresent (present everywhere, all the time)

and Omniscient (all knowing)


God is OMNIPOTENT--
Revelation 19:6
And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

God is OMNIPRESENT--
Psalm 139:7-10
Where can I go from your Spirit?
Where can I flee from your presence?
If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,
your right hand will hold me fast.

God is OMNISCIENT--
Colossians 2:2-4
My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God, namely, Christ, in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. I tell you this so that no one may deceive you by fine-sounding arguments.

Next up, P.

No comments: