Friday, September 14, 2018

Duffy Doggie

When we lost Schubert,

I could have taken the blankets off my furniture,

and we could have applied some chemicals to our yard.

I could have dived into volunteer work,

or looked for a job,

now that I didn't need to be home at intervals

to let the dog out.

But no.

Nope.




We got a puppy instead.

On his sunporch

First vet visit (so tiny, 2.3 lbs.)

In a sunbeam

Ready, set . . .

PLAY!!!

Still reaching with a paw!

Outside

Exploring

Figuring out a zinnia, in front of the asters, on a blue-sky day.

Little dog, big hibiscus, small hole in big hibiscus made by little dog.

For a short time, this pillow made me very sad, 
but now it doesn't anymore.


2 comments:

Hope T. said...

Fergus MacDuff is an adorable and very appropriately named puppy, as were your other dogs. Did you have a dog before Piper or was he your first?

Ruthie said...

Piper was our first family dog. When I was a child, we had a Boston Terrier.