Thursday, November 16, 2017

Thankful

Today I do not feel thankful.

I wasn't going to write.

I don't know for certain what has happened or is happening, but signs indicate that circumstances are bad.

Certainly, I do not know what will happen next.

It's strange to think that before long, this post will be in the past, and if I look back on it, I will know many of the things that I don't (didn't) know while writing today.

God knows it all, the end from the beginning.

I wasn't going to write.

However, I felt compelled to express thanks.  To give glory to God.  To praise Him in the storm.

I am thankful that He is eternally faithful and loving, even when my sense of His faithfulness and love is weak.  His truth does not depend on my perception.

I guess I'm thankful that His power is made perfect in weakness (2 Corinthians 12:9).  His grace is sufficient.  His grace breaks the power of sin.

Yes, I am thankful for that.





2 comments:

Pauline said...

Your post could be mine today! Praying for you and yours ... DOUG, my firstborn (68) had a cancerous kidney removed and now it seems there is much more cancer throughout his body. This Mother heart is heavy but he, I and the rest of our family are trusting GOD and remembering the same promises that you noted ... GOD IS FAITHFUL and will provide! P Askren

Ruthie said...

I'm sorry Pauline. God is faithful and good. He really is, maybe the most so when we are least able to perceive it.