Thursday, November 9, 2017

Thankful for a morning walk

Yesterday afternoon, I walked the dog and found a group of perfect, dazzling trees in my neighborhood.  Last year I also happened upon these trees at their peak, but by the time I got Shawn out to see them, they'd dropped their glory and were naked.

So this morning, I said, "We need to take Schubert for a walk while those trees are still amazing.  This morning.  Now!  Can you hurry, please?"

So he did (hurry), and we did (go for a walk).  And the leaves were still dazzling.

How much gratitude can a lady even hold in her heart?


I love everything about this picture:

  • My heroic husband.
  • My darling dog.
  • The cheery red fire hydrant.
  • The spectacular orange tree.
  • The brilliant blue sky.


People, you don't get all this every day.  Tomorrow the leaves will probably have fallen, and the sky might be overcast.  You never know what tomorrow will hold.

Seize the day and be thankful.  Oh, how I am thankful.

Amen.



No comments: