Thursday, September 18, 2008

When everything seems bleak

You need to have faith. You need to trust not only that God knows, not only that He cares but....

God is up to something good.

Yes, He is.

It may not seem like it. As far as you can see, it may not look like it.

But God is up to something good. God is for His children. He is on our side. And He is the sovereign ruler of the universe. AND He is almighty, all powerful, omnipotent.

1 Corinthians 2:9--'However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"--'

4 comments:

Niall MacC said...

Oh... it's so good to be reminded of this. I just think it is great when God uses someone like you to encourage me. I love this blogging thing!

A sister the other side of the world...

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness thank you this helped me so much, i was feeling extra down today... I love God :)

Anonymous said...

I am feeling it too and I really want to trust that God will come through for me but what do I do in the meantime

ruth said...

Trusting is waiting. You can ask God to help you wait patiently. Think about Him instead of about the problem. You can think about Him by reading about His attributes. Look on my sidebar for the posts about the attributes of God. Whenever I start to think about who He is and what He can do, my troubles don't seem quite as big.