Friday, June 24, 2011

Attributes of God--D

God is our DELIGHT--God brings us great pleasure, joy and rapture. He satisfies us in wonderful ways.

Psalm 37:4
Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart.

Psalm 43:4
Then I will go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight. I will praise you with the lyre, O God, my God.

Isaiah 61:10
I delight greatly in the LORD; my soul rejoices in my God. For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness, as a bridegroom adorns his head like a priest, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

God is our DELIVERER--To deliver is to bring something (or someone!) to a special, intended place. I think the best definition of God's deliverance comes from Colossians 1:13-14, "For He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."

Psalm 18:2
The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.

Psalm 32:7
You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.

Psalm 33:18-20
But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him,
on those whose hope is in his unfailing love,
to deliver them from death
and keep them alive in famine.

Psalm 34:17
The righteous cry out, and the LORD hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles.

Psalm 56:13
For you have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before God in the light of life.

2 Corinthians 1:10
He has delivered us from such a deadly peril, and he will deliver us again. On him we have set our hope that he will continue to deliver us,

Next up, E
.

No comments: