Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Door

Yesterday I finished staining the front door. Except for the parts I missed. And the trim around it, which will be a slightly different color, which I hope will not look bad, but what can you do?

I finished without spilling mineral spirits all over my kitchen and without crying, two good things.

There is still trim to paint. Also, once the stain dries (which took THREE DAYS the last time), I need to put on a coat of clear polyurethane. I am trying not to feel totally overwhelmed at this unending job. It will be nice when at least we get the doorknob back on so we can close and lock the door. Right now, for security we are depending on the lock on the storm door and two small but noisy dogs. I've been staying at home a lot lately.

Shannon is done with college and finals. I can't believe how fast this year went.

No comments: