Monday, November 2, 2015

Thankful. A November series.



I may make it a November Tradition to do Thankful posts.

I have a thing.  I like to accompany my thankful posts with pictures.  Unfortunately, I have not built up a body of photos in advance, but this is a picture that reminds me of many things that put gratitude into my heart.

I am thankful for a sweet husband who cares for me with my lupus.  He makes me tea, and he takes me for walks, and he often unloads the dishwasher.  He helps me stick pain patches on my back, and he helps me hunt for the pain-killers when I hurt too much to dig through cupboards.  He never gives me a hard time if he gets home from work and there is not a nice dinner, because I ran out of energy before I started cooking.  He just cracks a joke and offers to take me to Culver's for a gluten-free burger.

I am thankful for the big, maroon scarf I was wearing, because it keeps my neck nice and warm, less apt to ache.  I'm thankful for the reading glasses atop my head, not only because they help me see to read, but also because they were there, atop my head, and not lost!

I am thankful for my warm, homey kitchen where we spend quality time together, sometimes just Shawn and me, but on this particular occasion we were with these cutie patooties:



They came out to celebrate their 24th and 23rd birthdays, respectively, and to share gluten-free chocolate cake with us, and to grace us with their mad photography skills and even to take a picture back across the table, which is why there actually exists a picture of Shawn and me together at the top of this post.  Obviously, I am incredibly thankful for these two.

And so, you see, there is plenty to be thankful for.  I am trying to restrain myself and not spew an undue amount of thanks in the very first shot.

I am thankful.

No comments: