Monday, November 16, 2015

Thankful for hope



I don't know what the future holds, what is beyond the next hill or twist in the road.

It is a mercy that we don't know the future, I think.  It's a mercy not to be burdened with all the details of what is to come.

We do know this:

Jesus is coming back, and He will bring the final triumph of good over evil, completely and forever.

Knowing that, we have hope.  Sure hope.  Hope that, as the Bible says, will never be put to shame.

I am thankful that no matter what lies across the horizon, I can hope in the Lord, and He will never let me down.

2 comments:

Priscilla said...

Yes! I am so glad for this hope we have too!

He holds the future. This brings me peace. It is all going to be all right.

Ruthie said...

Yes. It will be okay. That's what I am learning to tell myself, over and over: it will be okay.