Friday, March 8, 2013

Muffins

I made these up yesterday.  A friend, a young mother of three, invited me over for morning coffee, and I decided that I would take some muffins.  I made mini ones.

Her two older children were at preschool.  The darling baby went down for a nap, and was still asleep when it was time to pick up the others, so I volunteered to stay with him in order that his mother would not have to wake him up.

When the children arrived at home with their mother, they saw the mini muffins on the table and began to eat them immediately, one after another.  The little boy, a beautiful three-year-old with dark brown eyes encircled by amazing, thick black lashes, looked sideways at me over his third muffin, smiling, and said, "These are really good!  Will you make them for me again some time?"

If I'm-a-gonna make them again, I better write down what I did before I forget.  My heart is full of smiles, and that probably sounds dorky, but it's how I feel.  When people like my cooking, it makes me really happy.  What a delightful morning that was.

Tasty Oatmeal Muffins

Stir together in a rather large bowl:
1 cup quick cooking oats
1/4 cup oil
3/4 cup milk
1 egg (beaten)
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup dried cranberries (craisins)
1/2 cup chocolate chips

In a separate bowl, mix well:
1 cup white flour
4 tsp. baking powder

Stir the flour and baking powder into the other ingredients.  Do not overstir.  
Quickly spoon the batter into greased mini muffin tins.  Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes.  Makes 24.  
I have no pictures to show you, because they disappeared just that fast.

No comments: