Thursday, July 19, 2018

Please remember me as I was at the beach

This sweet child



(she'll always be my child)

kindly took pictures of Shawn and me while we were at the beach. When I take the pictures, I'm not in them.  She made sure there was proof I was there.  Since this blog is, "Memoirs for my children," I'd like to assemble a beach post for my children to remember us by in years to come.  (I'm always wishing for more pictures of my own parents, so perhaps my children will like these shots of their mom and dad.)

When we lived in New York, one summer I returned from the beach and an acquaintance told me, "Wow.  You seem so much more relaxed, and happier.  Maybe you should move there."  

Honestly, I wasn't sure quite how to take her words, although I'll own that the northeast was generally hard on my psyche.  Anyway, I am content at the beach, and relaxed, except when sharks surface.

As years pass, I hope my family will remember us the way we were at the beach.

Smiling


Leaning


Sun kissed


Walking


Lingering


Wet-footed


Sandy-toed


Windswept


Feeling


Laughing


Appreciating


Loving






1 comment:

Priscilla said...

This is a beautiful post.