Monday, April 30, 2018

Currently



Reading ... Well, I'm trying to read Don't Waste Your Life by John Piper, but it is very heavy and intense for me.  I must be the biggest baby ever, but I'm feeling more in need of encouragement than challenge right now.  I'm reading through the Bible, and just finished Ruth, so on to 1 & 2 Samuel.  I like this part, and I'm glad to be past Judges.  On Saturday, some books arrived from Amazon, and I'm just beginning The 10 Greatest Struggles of Your Life, by Colin S. Smith. I find him to be full of truth, love and encouragement, so I'm looking forward to reading this book about the 10 Commandments.

Playing ... I have not been playing anything.  Maybe I should ask Shawn to get the Dominion games out again.  I've been walking again more; walking had waned in the long, bitter cold winter.  Walking is exercise and exercise is related to sports, so maybe it counts as playing?

Watching ... I watched the news Friday night, to try to glean information about my son's apartment fire.  It seems like I've been watching some basketball with Shawn, but that might be over now.  We had been watching The Crown on Netflix, but an inappropriate and disturbing episode featuring Princess Margaret put us off.

Cooking ... I've been in a major cooking slump, but "recently" I made a couple pots of soup.  I also discovered that a rather nasty GF brownie mix I'd stocked up on is much improved if I add a bunch of walnuts, chocolate chips, dried cherries and coconut.  Warmed and served with vanilla ice cream, this is a a treat unlike any I've had in ages.

Calling ... nope.

Crafting ... no, but I've been putzing in the garden a little.  I planted some zinnias and nasturtiums, and I'm excited to see if they come up.  We also recently installed a new bathroom floor in our bathroom, which was a satisfying project, if not a "craft."

Loving ... God's gift of the Holy Spirit.  He's always with me.  My Immanuel.  I'm so thankful for the peace and comfort He brings, as well as the times He gives me words and understanding.

Disliking ... all the bills.  My, but we racked up a lot of bills recently.  Many are health related: hospital, doctor, medicine, lupus blood labs, dentist, wisdom tooth extraction.  Also car repairs, a new furnace and AC unit, and I fear to look much deeper for what more I'll remember. They balance tenuously in a cattywampus pile on my desk, and I mostly try not to bump into them.

Celebrating ... Spring!  Finally!  And some plants I thought were dead are starting to show tiny green signs of hope.

Feeling ... Inexplicably peaceful.  Thankful.  A sense of wonder.

Listening ... to the clock ticking.  These days I listen to Scripture Lullabies a lot... when I go to bed, when I wake up, and everywhere I drive.

Wanting ... everybody to love Jesus.  I long for community, family fellowship seasoned with the love of Christ and the joyful anticipation of His promises.