Thursday, September 16, 2010

Bad Mood

Today I am in a Very Bad Mood.

I cannot even remember the last time I was in a mood this bad. I feel like I hate everyone and everything, although I know I can't possibly hate everybody. At least, I hope the Holy Spirit in me would prevent that, even when I am at my worst. My bad mood feels like a belt that is too small being pulled around the waist of a person who is too big: a choking, squeezing, painful, humiliating feeling. It's sort of like the emotional equivalent to a horrendous case of food poisoning, and I am smack in the middle of it.

And I don't even have PMS, so there isn't even that hope of it passing in a few days.

I am in such a bad mood, I went to Wegman's today, and I thought, "Maybe I should buy myself some flowers. Maybe some flowers would cheer me up a little bit." So I went to look at the flowers. A dozen roses are $9.99 at Wegman's these days.

I looked at the flowers, and I hated all the colors they had to offer. Hated them. That's how bad a mood I am in today.

No comments: