Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Grace for hidden faces


Today whilst sprinkling blossom booster on my flowers,

I saw this this lonely bloom, and it caught a tender spot in my heart.



Don't we all feel like this sometimes?

We hide our faces, lean against a wall, cry.

Often when we hide our faces in shame,

we think it is God who is hiding from us.


David wrote about it in Psalm 143:7-10

Answer me quickly, Lord, 
for my spirit is pining away!
Do not hide Your face from me,
lest I become like those 
who descend to the pit.

In the morning, proclaim to me 
Your covenant love,
for I have put my trust in You.
Make me understand 
the way I should go,
for I lift up my soul to You

Deliver me from my foes, O Lord,
for to You I have fled for hiding.
Teach me to do Your will,
for You are my God!
Let Your good Spirit lead me 
on level ground!


The Holy Spirit of Christ will lead us.

He helps and comforts.

He guides and encourages.

He shines His face on us and 

makes us beautiful.



May the glorious image of Christ be reflected 

in my life and yours,

because of His grace.

Jesus loves us.




No comments: