Tuesday, June 26, 2018

June garden

The nasturtiums leading up to the front door aren't out of control yet, nor have the zinnias begun blooming.  The sweet potato vine is growing three times faster than anything else, and not much is in balance.



More insight on that sweet potato vine.  The impatiens are trying.  I don't mind.  There's just something about planting the pots myself, even if they're wonky in the end.


Nasturtium faces.  They are so sweet.


And even closer up... sweetly pensive, here.


The wind blows always, and I had quite the time 
trying to focus these tiny, waving lavender buds.


For a junky, tough, throw-in-wherever plant, 
the daylilies have been delightful this year.


Clematis blossoms after their peak, after a storm.  Raindrops on flowers past their prime 
are kind of like bright lipstick on old ladies.  Endearing.


Just to show that even in deep shade, 
a daylily will sometimes do something for you.


Feathery pink astilbe in its fullest glory.
This is a fantastic plant.


A hydrangea, trying.  I have some better ones going, but 
I didn't feel like going out to snap them today.  Still, I was never able 
to coax blooms out of the hydrangeas I planted in New York.


I just love coreopsis.  It's the stuff of fairy gardens, not that 
I believe in fairies, but the storytellingness of it seems magical.


Cleome.


more cleome


Obedient plant in dazzling array.


Tough little beautiful malva zebrina.


And a tiny zinnia
growing random in the center island bed,
pale pink,
partnered with a particularly petite
buzzing bee.







No comments: