Saturday, May 26, 2018

May garden

Spring arrived in a sudden burst, and the glory surprises me every day.

Here are a few of the delights I've been finding around my home.

Pink ajuga

Bleeding heart.  A family favorite.


Funny story.  Last summer, while walking with a friend, I mentioned that I wanted some Lily of the Valley.  She had just dug a bunch out of her yard, to discard.  She brought them to me the next day, in a garbage bag.  They were rather wilted.  I stuck them in the ground.  This year, they came back and started blooming. 
I think they're going to make it.

This is some sort of perennial geranium.  I've never seen a geranium like this.

Ah, the columbine.  It's been going and going.  
I cannot express how much delight columbine brings to my heart.


This pale pink columbine in particular has been blooming for about three weeks!  
Due to the angle of the sun on the blossoms, I could only get the leaves in focus in this photo, but the close-ups below detail the flower faces.




And the "doubles" -- maybe quite a few times more than double?









That's the back yard.  Now for the front:

Irises and allium in full bloom welcomed us home from North Carolina.




The allium is spent now, but still striking:

Around the corner, weigiela (beauty bush) and a delicious assortment of lush peonies.



I may have reached the maximum of pictures I can upload to one post.  Look for a post on peonies, specifically, coming soon!

Don't be anxious.  
There is no need to be anxious.
If God invests this much in the beauty of flowers, 
how much more 
does He love and invest in us?  
(see Matthew 6:28-34)

No comments: