Friday, April 20, 2018

Please join me in praying over today.

Today, I will pray.



This is the photo from my April calendar, where the caption tells me, "Believe in new beginnings."

This has been a difficult year for believing in new beginnings.  The spring season has been like a suffering pregnant woman undergoing a long, unproductive labor.  Minnesota experienced two feet of snow in an April blizzard last weekend, and my lilacs don't look like the picture above; they look like this:


Still, the sky is blue and the leaves are budding out.  God is alive and well, and hope abounds.

Hope abounds.

So, we will pray. . .

Dear, precious Lord,

This is the day that You have made.  Let us rejoice and be glad in it. 
(Psalm 118:24)

Your kingdom come, Your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.  
(Matthew 6:10)

Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.
(Matthew 6:13)

Sprinkle clean water on us, Lord, and make us clean 
from all our uncleannesses and from all our idols.  
Cleanse us, Lord.
(Ezekiel 36:25)

Lord, You are the God of Peace,
and You tell us that You will soon crush Satan
(with all his oppressive turmoil) under our feet.
Please do this, Lord Jesus Christ, 
and may Your grace be with us.
(Romans 16:20)

Summon Your power, O God,
The power, O God, by which
You have worked for us.
(Psalm 68:28)

Show us Your steadfast love, O Lord,
and grant us Your salvation.
(Psalm 85:7)

Precious, powerful, patient Lord,
please show us Your glory in the working of Your might
and the restoration of souls, for our good and Your glory,
even today.

Thank you that You are faithful and good,
and Your Will will be accomplished.

Amen

3 comments:

Pauline said...

BEAUTIFULLY written AND timely. THANK YOU.

Mt. Carmel Moments said...

I enjoyed this so much Ruth! Wonderful thoughts from Scripture. (Though I do hope that the weather has improved before I return home.) 😊

Ruthie said...

Thank you for praying with me.

Carolyn, the weather has, indeed, taken a turn for the better, and I sit looking out my window at tiny budding leaves on my ornamental pear trees.