Saturday, January 10, 2015

For 2015. Three things.

It's been the New Year for awhile now, and I haven't said anything about it.

Which probably doesn't matter.  Plenty of other people have had plenty to say.

(Sometimes when I go into a book store, it takes all the wind out of my sails on the "I-want-to-write-a-book" front.  There are already so many books.  Many are much better than anything I could ever write, and some are actually much worse.  But the point is, does the world need any more books?)

But now that we are in the double digits of January, here are three things I would like to record.

1.  My life Bible passage

Rejoice in the Lord always.  
I will say it again: Rejoice!  
Let your gentleness be evident to all.  
The Lord is near.  
Do not be anxious about anything, 
but in everything, 
by prayer and petition, 
with thanksgiving, 
present your requests to God.  
And the peace of God, 
which transcends all understanding, 
will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.
~Philippians 4:4-7

2.  My verse for 2015

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.
~John 14:27

3.  My word for 2015

Peace


2 comments:

Hope T. said...

I don't know....I think the world probably does need more books.

My brother-in-law and his wife had a baby yesterday and the card I bought them says "the world welcomes its newest completely original wonder". You are a completely original wonder and your book would be, too.

I like your verse and word for the year. Peace is one of my favorite words. I even like the way it sounds when spoken. I chose the word "accept" for this year. I would have preferred a different word but it actually chose itself. I think of it in terms of the way it is used in the Serenity Prayer -- "to accept the things I cannot change".

ruth said...

It is hard to accept the things we cannot change. But. We really don't have a choice, do we? It is whether we accept them graciously or have them thrust upon us as we protest and squirm.

I am just beginning to learn this. It is not a fun lesson to practice. But perhaps, once mastered, it will reap peace and righteousness.