Friday, November 8, 2013

Pumpkin Muffins

Last year, I went on a quest to make pumpkin muffins.  I combed the internet and tried a bunch of recipes, none of which were any good at all.

This year, when I had a hankering for pumpkin muffins, I made a half recipe of my pumpkin streusel cake and baked it in cupcake cups.  They were delicious, but very sweet and not very healthy.

I had about a cup of pumpkin left over from that project, and today I got brave.  In order to use up my pumpkin, I experimented and made up my own pumpkin muffin recipe. 

They're great!  (Not gluten or sugar free, but very nice, and reasonably nutritious.)


(that's luscious melted butter on there... 
I was trying to get the photo while there was still part of a solid pat, but I was too slow)



Pumpkin Muffins

1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup oil
~1 cup pumpkin (maybe a little more; it's not so fussy)
1 tsp cinnamon
1/8 tsp clove (I just sprinkled some in)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 cup oats (I used quick oatmeal flakes)

Mix together and set aside.  Sift together:

1 cup flour
3 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt

Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients.  
Spoon into greased muffin tins.  
Bake at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.  Makes 12.


No comments: