Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The easiest side dish in the world

Today I am going to share a recipe for easy food.  It is not particularly healthy, but it is tasty, quick, easy and relatively cheap.  We usually serve it with chicken and vegetables, so I figure the other dishes can make up for its lack of nutritional value.

NOODLES

Cook one package (~12 oz.)  of medium egg noodles in a large saucepan

This only takes 5 minutes after the water comes to a boil!!!

Drain the noodles, and return to pan.

Quickly, while they are hot, add the following (and I include measurements only for your convenience in estimating--I NEVER measure)

1/4 cup soft butter
1/2 cup sour cream
1/3 cup Kraft grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp granulated garlic

Stir until evenly coated and serve immediately.

Tomorrow I might write about Jane Austen.  If I have time.

No comments: