Tuesday, February 23, 2021

A poem prayer

 Dear God,


When the sun shines,


it feels as though You are looking at me.


And when clouds cover the sky,


it feels as though You have tucked me into bed.


I know You are infinitely bigger,


but the sky is the biggest expanse I can see,


and the sun is the largest object my eyes perceive.


Infinitely smaller than You,


they make me think of You,


Who are infinitely bigger than all the Universe,


which is incomparably larger than our galaxy,


which is incomparably larger than our solar system,


which is exponentially larger than our dear planet earth,


on which we exist like tiny specks traveling hither and yon.


Like the exponentially tiny particles that comprise us,


we are tiny particles on earth,


under Your wise watch and care.


You know everything from the quarks that form a neutron


to the light-year distances between galaxies.


You made it all.


You track it all.


You direct it all.


You are too much to comprehend.


Silly me.


I simply imagine You smiling on me when the sun shines


because that is the warmth I feel on my face.


I love You.


Thank You that You are faithful and good.



~Amen~






//(Note as of 4/7/2021 -- I have given up writing posts of 75 words or less.  I am not a good enough writer to keep that up.)//

No comments: