Thursday, July 27, 2017

Power to make me strong

A rocky path, with light shining up ahead.

What are you struggling with today?

We are all wounded.

I've met people who actually say, "Everything is good.  I don't need anything.  No prayer requests."  I figure they must be lying, whether or not they realize.  Maybe they just think the stones on their path are small enough for them to deal with on their own.

Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on us.

We are wounded, and we struggle, writhing around in our pain and confusion, tripping, turning our ankles, limping along the path of life.

Jesus, forgive us our sins and give us joy.

Joy comes from hope, and hope comes from a solid faith that there is light ahead, that God's promises are true.

He has delivered us from the domain of darkness
and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son,
in whom we have redemption,
the forgiveness of sins.
~Colossians 1:13-14 (ESV)

That has long been one of my favorite scriptures.  Today as I was reading, God highlighted what comes before it:

May you be strengthened with all power,
according to His glorious might,
for all endurance and patience
with joy,
giving thanks to the Father
who has qualified you
to share in the inheritance
of the saints in light.
~Colossians 1:11-12 (ESV)
Sometimes scripture is so beautiful, we don't need to explain it.  We only need to respond to it.



Dear Lord Jesus, 
Please strengthen me with your power --
for without you, I am hopelessly weak.
But you are mighty, and you are on my side.
So, please strengthen me with your power
and make me strong to endure and wait patiently,
rejoicing.
Yes, help me to rejoice as I wait.
Strengthen me with joy in the wilderness.
You are the Deliverer.
You are the Redeemer.
You are the one who forgives and rescues, 
the one who shares eternal life and light with your people.
Thank you, Jesus.
Amen



No comments: