Friday, July 31, 2015

Blue Moon

This month, I learned that a blue moon happens when there are two full moons in one month.  The second one is a blue moon.  This month we had a full moon on July 1, and tonight, July 31 is the second.

It is big and round and golden, not blue.  I do love the moon.

We watched the moon while we drove into town, to Culver's, for dinner.  I like Culver's because they offer hamburgers with gluten-free buns, and they have ice-cream.

When you drive on the freeway, out in the country, and you hit a firefly with your windshield, the smear glows for awhile before it fades.

I wanted to remember this night with its blue moon.  Tiny Piper is failing fast now.  He's trembling in my lap.  He seems to like being held, which is a comfort to me, if not to him.  His misery has curtailed his licking habit.

While we were in town, we dropped off a Culver's basket meal to Jon at the parking garage where he works.  The food was not in a basket, actually, but neither is the blue moon blue.

We also had a new bathroom vanity installed today, and we went for a walk before dinner.  It was a very nice day, almost like a Saturday.

2 comments:

Lori Arnold said...

I was looking at the moon that night thinking, "Is it supposed to be blue? It doesn't look blue. Am I missing something here?" I didn't know that it was two full moons in a month. :)

Ruthie said...

Thank you, Lori. I learned that on Facebook, and should have credited the source, but I can't remember who said it. Still, it has to be correct, right? Because everything on the Internet is true. ;-)