Monday, May 2, 2011

Showers

It is raining again, but that isn't what this post is about.

I've been buying pots and pans lately. And measuring cups, rubber scrapers and dish sets.

Shannon's moving out soon. To an apartment. For graduate school. It is so weird to me.

She needs everything. Before I moved out, I had a bridal shower (actually, a number of bridal showers), and a wedding. I went to Dayton's and registered for everything I needed, and people bought it for me as gifts. I am still using most of that stuff today.

Shannon needs everything a bride needs (well, half as much, anyway). But I guess we're on our own here. There are no going-off-to-graduate-school showers.

And by the time she has a bridal shower, probably she will be fully stocked.

Life is so nuts.

2 comments:

Hope T. said...

"Life is so nuts."

Yep, I agree with you there. I just found out a few days ago that my younger sister has cancer that has spread to several places. For reasons too complicated to explain, I have not been able to share this news with anyone except for my husband and my oldest son. Right now I am really having a hard time. I know you are quite a devoted praying woman, maybe even what they call a prayer warrior. If you are able to put my sister's name on your prayer list, that would be great. Her name is Stephanie and she is thirty-nine years old. Thank you for listening, Ruth. -Hope T. --

Ruth said...

I will pray for Stephanie, Hope.